Step One: Register to Vote in AZ – Click Here
Step Three: Contact Pima GOP and request to volunteer (volunteer may signup to help candidates for GOTV events)
- US Constitution: https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm
- Article IV Section 4. The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.
- Arizona State Constitution: http://www.azleg.gov/constitution/
- Article II Section 2. Political power; purpose of government: All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.
- Article II Section 4. Due process of law: No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.
The Legislative Branch (The 1st Branch)
- The Law Making Branch(Primary and Highest Branch of authority)
- Elected and Governing Authority, Impeachment Branch
- We The People Branch
- District locator http://web1.pima.gov/Elections/polling-locator/
- Locate/contact your district Representative: http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster/?body=H
- Locate/contact your district Senator: http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster/?body=S
- Sign-up to Speak or Vote on House/Senate Bills: https://apps.azleg.gov/Account/SignOn
- View archived committee hearings: http://www.azleg.gov/archivedmeetings/
- View live committee hearings: http://azleg.granicus.com/Mediaplayer.php?publish_id=5
The Executive Branch (The 2nd Branch)
- Carries-out and enforces laws/State Administrations and Operations.
- Contact our Governor’s Office: https://azgovernor.gov/engage
- Contact Governor’s DES Department: https://des.az.gov/
- Contact Governor’s DCS Department: https://dcs.az.gov/
The Judicial Branch (The 3rd Branch)
- The Courts of Law – decides whether a law breaks the rules of the Constitution.
- Judicial adjudication or Jurisdiction only comes from the US Constitution. A Court (All Courts, including state and federal) may not rule without evidence and due process.
Take Part and be Engaged in the judicial nomination process and the judicial oversight.
- Pima County Superior Court and Div 2 Appellate Court Appointment – Judicial Nominating Commissions(JNC): http://www.azcourts.gov/jnc
- Commission on Judicial Performance Review(JPR): http://www.azcourts.gov/jpr
- Arizona Commissions on Judicial Conduct (CJC): http://www.azcourts.gov/azcjc/
- Arizona Judicial Council (Court Policies and Court Regulations, Governing Body): https://www.azcourts.gov/ajc/
Pima County Board of Supervisors
- BOS Meeting Minutes: https://pima.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
- BOS Live Meeting Broadcast: http://pima.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=3
- Clerk of the Board: http://webcms.pima.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=555
- Pima County Policies, Ordinances, Codes: http://webcms.pima.gov/government/county_administrator/policies_ordinances_and_procedures
City of Tucson Mayor and Council Meetings
- Meeting Minutes: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/clerks/mayor-council-meeting-document-archive
- Meeting Agendas: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/clerks/mcdocs
- Boards and Commissions: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/clerks/boards-committees-commissions
- City Codes: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/clerks/tucson-city-code